Tour & Partner

Fontechiara Winery
The Fontechiara Agricultural Company is located in Borgomanero, in high Piedmont, a few kilometers from the two splendid Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta. Fontechiara produces excellent quality DOC Colline Novaresi wines, such as Nebbiolo and Vespolina as well as Rosato da Nebbiolo, all obtained from native vines certified and vinified in purity. In the vineyard and in the cellar, where chemical products and additives are not used, everything takes place respecting nature and tradition, handed down from generation to generation. Every day, upon reservation, it is possible to visit the cellar and taste the wines in combination with a selection of salami, cheeses and other typical products of handicraft production.
Collegiate Church of San Bartolomeo
The parish church of Borgomanero was built in Lombard style in the twelfth century and was immediately dedicated to San Bartolomeo. At the time, the church was located in the territory of the Pieve di Cureggio, which included a very large area comprising almost all of the current Borgomanero territory. The bell tower, the hanging arches under the “vault” and the remains of a wall in the south nave remain of the initial structure.
In the fifteenth century, the population of the Borgo grew considerably thanks to the arrival of Valsesian families; the consequence was the need to have a larger cult building, built with a nave over six arches. The church was consecrated on May 12, 1499.
The wealthy bourgeoisie of the XVIII century became patron of other interventions. One of these, Giuseppe Pagani (17 August 1606 – 20 May 1680) financed the construction of the “lobietto”, to host the administrators of the Novara county in the oath of public loyalty the extension of the church with the construction of the “vault”, the raising and demolition of the arches of the late fifteenth century.
On April 16, 1681, the bull was issued for the erection of the collegiate parish church.
Inside there are many works of considerable importance. Antonio Pini’s high altar was built in 1680 and consists of three compartments: the lower one with two beautiful angels; the central one with all-round figures; the upper one celebrating the Trinity. Also you can see the works of Morazzone: San Carlo Borromeo in gloria (1616) and Procession of the Holy Nail (1616), SS. Trinità (1620), San Rocco and the plague victims (1612 – 1615); Martyrdom of San Fortunato (1844) by Michele Cusa; Martyrdom of St. Bartholomew (mid-18th century) by Antonio Tosi known as Cuzzio.
Bicycle tour of Lake Maggiore

The Giro del Lago Maggiore by bicycle is one of those classic itineraries for those like me who were born and raised a few kilometers away from here and, moreover, like all lakes, one of the best ways to ride the adored “ring” rides .

A LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT LAKE MAGGIORE

Lake Maggiore is the second largest Italian lake after Garda, but it is the first in terms of length of the perimeter due to its very elongated shape and the jagged coast.
It divides Piedmont from Lombardy in the Italian part, and in the northern part it bathes the Swiss coasts. To learn more, you can consult the Tourist Office of Lake Maggiore.
The complete lap is about 170 km, all practically flat, and is therefore suitable for fairly trained cyclists. For those who believe they can not bear this distance, the advice is to divide it into two days or to use the many ferries that connect the various countries along the way. More information by visiting the website of Navigazione Laghi.
For those who love the climbs, several ascents start from the Maggiore, sometimes also covered in the great laps, but we will talk about this another time.

HOW TO REACH LAKE MAGGIORE

By car it is really very simple arriving from both Milan and Turin. A very valid alternative is the use of the train going down to Arona station. Also consider the possibility of reaching it through the Naviglio Grande cycle path that from Milan takes you directly to the mouth of the lake.

× Book with Whastapp